Friday, July 29, 2011

Coralville Iowa

Today Jacob and I set a personal record for distance at 77 miles. This is the tent city as our charter had to share space with other charters.  Tonight we are going to see. 38 special in concert which is free for RAGBRAI riders. Tomorrow marks the end of our Journey across Iowa. I can't believe we are only 66 miles from Davenport. After those very hilly first two days broke down our spirits we were ready to quit. It was not any fun. Then we started taking it slower...more me than Jacob and talking to so many random people realizing that it didn't matter when we finished. Then it became more fun with each new town we came across. Tomorrow we will dip our front tire in the Mississippi river and become a RAGBRAI survivor. I am so proud of Jacob and I for sticking to it thru the pain. I have never experienced such highs and lows on a given week. Tomorrow failure is not an option. We are so close to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment