Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SAFE IN ALTOONA

Today was a hard day because of so hot it is 98 with heat index of 108. Everything was sore but we took lots of breaks and our new motto is one mile at a time. It js getting harder to push forward but we are living the dream and can't quit even though it has crossed our minds. I let Jacob go ahead and he said he passed a cemetary and told a joke my grandpa Hartson told me and I passed on to him. He was talking with the rider next to him and asked. Do you know how many people are dead in that cemetary....All of then.
Tonight we get to sleep at a hotel and spend the night with my friend ross and his girlfriend who drove up from st. Louis. Hope tomorrow is cooler bit doesn't look like it.   In one of the towns today I was sitting in the shade with my head in my hands cooling off when 4 emts started attending to me. They asked how I was and I said im fine just tired. Then they said you aren't the guy with chest pains. I said nope not yet. Haha

Another funny thing was I got into a town and there is always kids cheering you on and spraying you with water. Well a row of kids had their hands out for high 5s and when I got to them they all switched to bumps so I bumped each of their knuckles. For these kids who many have probably never been out of their home town it is a thrill of a lifetime. I've made a point to stop for at those stands run by kids because they love RAGBRAI. Tomorrow is 70 miles wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment