Thursday, July 28, 2011

Relief from the heat....temporarily

Waning up at 5am vhuuafter a nice sleep in a hotel bed with the ac on was a little easier. The thought of quitting enters our mind daily and we talk about getting on sag wagons but once we eat breakfast and get on the bike we buckle down thru the pain and press on. It is finally about 85 for a high today and overcast. Next two days are back in the hundreds again. I am so proud of what jacob and I have accomplished so far and at this point failure is not an option. I dream of dipping that front tire into the Mississippi River in a couple days. I think about my family back home who I miss and my friends who are supporting us and push on. It is now taking one hill at a tine. One mile at a time. We've come so far we can't give up now. We are in colfax iowa now.

No comments:

Post a Comment